Sunday, March 07, 2010

Les Gets West London Buzzing

Today Brentford played away at Elland Road.  Did I go?  Of course I did, always good to get another ground ticked off.  Got back to the Bush at just after 21:00.

Travelled up with two of the usual Griffin Park crowd.  I was meant to meet the lads in Northfields but I didn't account for the Piccadilly Line being shut this weekend between Hammersmith and Northfields!

In the end Paul picked me up from here at around 11:00 and we were in Leeds for 14:00.  Three hours there, three hours back, not bad going at all.  The things people do for 90 minutes of football!

The match ended 1-1, a result surely all Bees fans would have taken before the game.  I reckon we deserved the point and having taken the lead there is even a tinge of disappointment that we didn't take one of the chances we had to go two up.  Let's not get too greedy though eh!

Well over 2,200 Bees fans made the trip and for many, me included, it was a first trip to Elland Road.  Not suprising as we last played a league match there in 1953/54 season!! Chant of the day was 'is there a fire drill' to the Leeds fans streaming out of the ground early ;)

Changing the subject, I'm sure you're all wondering where I've been seeing as my last post was a couple of weeks ago.  Say that again SB, what do you mean nobody reads this shit?!?

SB and I (ooooooh, get me!) were in France riding ski lifts up mountains and then sliding down them on, no not our bottoms, thin strips of plastic!  We went with five others to Les Gets which is a small town in the Haute-Savoie department.


We stayed in a chalet called Ysopes which we shared with two married couples.  They had been to Les Gets many times, at least 15 they told us.  In fact they used to own a chalet between them, nice!!  The week passed without incident and we were even treated to a homecoming party for Déborah Anthonioz who hails from Les Gets and won a silver medal in the snowboard cross.

BRAVO DEBO!

No comments: