Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Dove In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush

Many moons ago a few of us from work went to watch Mock the Week being filmed at Television Centre.  I'd been on another all day InSite mission so by the time I turned up they were all inside waiting to be called.

I took my audience number, found the others and had to hope that I'd be called in to join the audience, my number was a lot higher than most of theirs.  Sadly I didn't get called but neither did Andy so we decided to go for a couple of beers in Vesbar.

As we were leaving we walked past a queue of people who wanted to be added to the BBC/SRO audiences database with first option to a later series.  Neither Andy or I were bothered about this so we headed straight past them.  As we got to the door the rather camp bloke who had been ushering people here, there and everywhere asked why we were leaving.  We told him we didn't want to be added to the list but he obviously took a shine to me!  He was adamant that he wanted to take my E-mail and promised NOT to send me photos of his willy!  The queue of people, but especially, Andy loved that!

The upshot of this was that last week the I received an E-mail about joining the audience for a new series of Channel 4's Evo Music Rooms, and it turns out that that doves will be playing live.

I'm pretty sure you didn't need the whole back story but it's written now so it's staying!

SB (and most other people) will testify that I'm an unashamed doves geek so I'm pretty excited about Thursday night.  It'll tide me over nicely until I drag SB to another doves gig at the old Commercial Road Troxy cinema in May.

Surely they have to play Andalucía.  It's the only new track on disc one of their soon to be released greatest hits album The Places Between and will any b-sides get an airing?  Jimi, Jez, Andy (and Martin), Darker, just for me, pleeeease!

1 comment:

garden gifts said...

Keep up the good work!! Thumbs up for this one!
http://www.home2garden.co.uk/acatalog/Gardening_Gifts.html