Tuesday, January 26, 2010

St. Mary's...


...the name of my Primary School in Isleworth and the home ground of Southampton who we play at Griffin Park tonight.

We grabbed a 1-1 draw at St. Mary's back in August and with our decent home record and current form we should be able to at least match that result tonight.

I didn't make it to Norwich on Saturday. I rang Carrow Road to buy a couple of tickets for the away end but they said it was cash at the ground only. Not making the match means I can still hold on to the memory of my only trip to Norwich, a 2-1 win in the 1995-96 FA Cup Third Round. CHASE OUT! Happy memories.

It was a shame we couldn't hold on for the 0-0 but I'm not too disapointed. Listening to the game on Bees World, it sounded like we gave a decent account of ourselves and seem strong enough for a mid-table finish this season.

EDIT: Just hearing news that Crystal Palace have gone into administration, another sad day for English football.

No comments: