Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Everyone

Bury is still in firmly in the grip of the Artic weather that has been the norm across the country as of late but the Lancashire hospitality I've become accustomed to is keeping me warm.

The sub-zero temperatures are being accompanied by clear blue skies and bright sunshine so it's lovely and crisp outside and there hasn't even been a hint of rain, very unusual indeed ;)

I heard my first siren today!  A sound that is so familiar in Shepherd's Bush is a rare occurrence in these more rural parts.  I do miss the hustle and bustle but it's nice to be in more peaceful surroundings every so often.  At some point Sarah and I will no doubt have to find some sort of compromise but we'll save that for another time!

We ran the final few errands in town earlier and all the presents have been wrapped ready to assume their place under the tree. Not sure what the plan is for tonight but I'm sure it'll involve a few beers and a good feed :)

Brentford's Boxing Day game at Yeovil has been postponed so the later season fixture pile-up is well on track!  I'm driving back on Tuesday for the Tranmere game but I may get an extra couple of days in Lancashire if that too falls foul of the weather.

Bury are away at Shrewsbury on Saturday so I can't even make the short trip to Gigg Lane for a football fix.  The little corner of west London I found in Tesco will have to keep me going!

Wishing everyone a very merry and happy Christmas .

No comments: