Thursday, June 03, 2010

Middle Middle Middle Sex Sex Sex

It's a glorious evening in west London and I'm geeking it up listening to Middlesex take on Sussex at Lords on the BBC London commentary.  It's not looking great at the moment for the Panthers they are 88 for 5 after 15 of their 20 over.

I came home from work expecting to go out for a few beers with Sarah but she's in the kitchen preparing cakes for her team day out at Epsom.  It's the Derby on Saturday so there will be a big crowd tomorrow for the first day of the meeting.  It's also Ladies Day with will make for great viewing with the forecast predicting 26° ;)

Cricket update - Hmmm, 54 runs from 24 balls needed now!

I was looking at a random blog earlier which linked to this blog template site.  I like the simple black theme I picked when I set the blog up but I do sometimes think that it's a bit boring.  There are a few styles I've seen that would look OK I think.  Perhaps I'll experiment with a couple over the next few weeks...

Prolet
Black Grass
Panorama

Maybe I could even create my own.  What I do know is that I'm most likely to stick with what I've got at the moment!

Fruitless Cricket update - 35 from 6 balls to win, lol.  Still, 15 Twenty20 games still to play in the South Group.  Eight wins should see the Panthers through to the quarter finals.

The domestic football season is over at it's countdown to the World Cup now. I've added a countdown widget to the blog, just for fun!

The three teams I wanted to go up via the play-offs duly obliged.  I should have put a bet on! Blackpool will be gracing the Premiership, Millwall the Championship and Dagenham and Redbridge join the Bees in League One. Meanwhile Oxford are back in the Football League having won the Blue Square play-off.

As a Bees fan it gives me hope that we can emulate Blackpool's success (although I'm totally sure I ever want to see GP full of the prawn sarnie brigade) but I'm a bit gutted that four seasons ago we were in the same division and did the double over them!  Still, they had the last laugh that season as we went down and they won the second of their three play-off victories on the way to the top division.

The worst thing about the World Cup is that almost every advert on the TV is jumping on the bandwagon.  There are footballers and footballs everywhere. Surly top of most peoples hit list has to be this little ditty:



AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

The England team arrived in Rustenburg today at what looks like a pretty sweet resort. Hopefully there won't be the WAG circus like in Baden-Baden four years ago.  England have a decent chance and a bit of luck along the way could see us make it past the quarter finals for the first time since Italia '90.  I just can't see past Spain as winners.

I'm off on a lads weekend next Friday.  Six of us are off to Marbella, the retirement home of the aging British gangster.  Hopefully the place will be buzzing next Saturday when England take on the Yanks.  Surely this can't happen again, can it?!?!

Oooh I'm getting excited.  The World Cup with a lads holiday thrown in for the first weekend :)  If anyone is looking for a good World Cup schedlue here is a great Excel version.

No comments: